[RTTY] RTTY Interference to Hurricane Rita Ops

Joe Subich, W4TV k4ik at subich.com
Sat Sep 24 17:05:17 EDT 2005

Sure, I feel sorry for the "net" ... but this is an INTERNATIONAL
EVENT on a band with worldwide propagation.  I've listened around
their private frequency and 90% of the strong signals were European,
Canadian and South American stations working other EU, VE and SA
stations.  I seriously doubt that most of the DX stations causing
the QRM even notice the CW net.

There is absolutely nothing that an FCC declaration would do to
reduce the QRM and it would only anger those in the rest of the
world to find that US stations had effectively been prohibited
from operating on 40 during the contest.

This is just one more example of some self-important American
deciding that the rest of the world doesn't matter ... that he
will try to force American "rules" on everybody even though
the American rules are the ones that are out of step with the
rest of the world.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV