[RTTY] Some more on "post contest thoughts" !!

Phil Cooper pcooper at guernsey.net
Mon Sep 26 13:35:59 EDT 2005

Hi all,

I had occasion to use the B4 message this time. In the main I think it was
from multi op stations who didn't know, or couldn't remember working me.
Yes, I know it is in the log, and should show up as a dupe, but I think some
just called before checking the logged stuff.
I actually made this mistake ONCE (and once only!) of seeing a call that I
needed, and then realising it wasn't his frequency, despite the way the QSO
took place.
Two that spring to mind are HA80IARU, and 4O310SKY. HF80IARU was insistent
that I had worked him on 40m, and at that point, it was the first time I had
heard him.

I also had B4 sent to me MANY times, but I suspect some of this was down to
the fact that another GU was on for some of the time, and I think they
logged it from the super-partial database instead of logging what was
printed.
For those of you that hadn't realised, it was Andy GU4WTN having some fun
with his new Ten-Tec. He has told me he got several TU PHIL so guessed that
he may have been logged as SUP.

I worked one station who called me again, and then marked the previous QSO
as unclaimed, as I suspect he didn't receive my QSL TU report.

Indeed there were some lousy signals about, but not as many as all that. I
found one UT station who appeared to be inverted, but it was just a spur!

One other thing that got me heated was running a nice pile, and then one of
the stations I had just worked would go and CQ within a few Herz of me,
blotting out my signal. Not nice!
Also had one that called me, then started to CQ on my frequency. As it was a
big contest station, I didn't stand much chance.

Ah well, all in all, not as bad as it could have been, and nothing in
comparison to those that live in LA/TX.
At least we all had the chance to play.

73 all,

Phil GU0SUP