[RTTY] K0BX CQWWRTTY

jduerbusch@charter.net jduerbusch at charter.net
Tue Sep 27 14:19:07 EDT 2005

CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: K0BX
Operator(s): K0BX
Station: K0BX

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: MO
Operating Time (hrs): 8

80: 0 0 0 0 0
40: 61 121 16 29 13
20: 116 292 18 49 30
15: 55 162 1 34 16
10: 0 0 0 0 0
Total: 232 575 35 112 59 Total Score = 118,450

Club: MVDX/CC

Comments:

Very good conditions. 15 meters was wide open and there were station all the
way up to SSB 21.200 MHZ. I wonder if the USA stations remembered to reduced
their power in the NOVICE band??
I only had a limited about of time to operated so I mostly S&P. All QSO's are
important but I did my share of 'Cherry Picking' the rarer DX. That included:
9M2, A6, BY, ET, FR, HS, JT and 7X, V5 and ZS on 40 meters.
I ran 100 watts except for those rare times that I need the KW.
SOAB(assisted) had no power limit. I didn't have to worry about going to a
diffrent catagory when I used the AMP.
Rig IC-756PROIII, Drake L-7 when used. Hygain 204BA 4 elements monobander for 20
@ 50', Hygain DB10/15 3 elements on 15, 4 on 10 meters @ 40'. Butternut vert
for 40.
Writelog with MMTTY Plugin.
The RTTY decoder built-in the PROIII with MMTTY really made copying good even on
the weakest, qrmed signals. WOW!
Joe K0BX STL-MO

Stop the insanity!
Please do not add me to any distribution lists (Joke, Stories or Junk) without my permission.