[RTTY] CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY entry

f6irf@free.fr f6irf at free.fr
Wed Sep 28 03:58:09 EDT 2005

Graeme
The CQ robot is quite exigeant, so I think doing your cabrillo manualy gonna be
a hard job! I have already done it with excel, but it really requires a good
knowledge of Excel and the Cabrillo-format... (btw it won't give you the
claimed score, but I think the field is not absolutely required)

I think the best way would be to import your ADIF log into a contest software
like N1MM (freeware) or mixW (shareware)... the only thing you need to do is to
make sure your software generated ADI <TAGS:> compatible with the software in
which you want to import... (for ex. <SRX:2>05 for the zone... depending on the
software you use)
Anyway, converting <TAGS:> is a very easy  job, using the "search and replace"
function of any text editor... (assuming you have entered the Zone and the state
in different fields, like name and qth...)
More complicated is gonna be to learn the minimum required to import and create
a Cabrillo, with a contest software you have never seen before. (If you speak
french, I have recently written a "how to create a cabrillo using mixW" for a
french station who asked for my assitance)

Other possibility: I have tried recently a log-checker (freeware) which allows
import in ADI and  export to Cabrillo. I can't remember the nane right now ( it
is German I think) but it is intalled on my PC at home,  so I'll be able to
give
you the name  later... You may also find something usable in
http://www.dk0tui.de/ham/hams_log.html

last:  IF you entered  "State" and "zone" in different ADI fields, just send me
your ADI, I l'll do it for you... If you entered everything in the same
"comment field" you need to do something in your soft first, before exporting
the ADI.
For example I can deal easily with <NAME:2>05  and <COMMENT:2>NY but something
like <COMMENT:5>05 MA is gonna take me too much time !

best regards - Pat
http://f6irf.blogspot.com/

[RTTY] CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY entry
from [Graeme Caselton] [Permanent Link][Original]