[RTTY] [WriteLog] slow fsk speed

Jim Sharp jimsharp1 at verizon.net
Fri Sep 30 17:42:35 EDT 2005

Joe,

Thanks for your reply.

I did check on the sliders and they were all the way to the left. Sliding to
the right does in fact slow down the rtty output rate. But when mine is all
the way to the left, the output is still about 1/2 speed or so it seams
(sounds in another receiver) . I also checked the bullet for "no TX wait"

I wish I could figure out how to load the "stand alone" mmtty version from
Writelog - since with the extfsk module, the output is normal speed or rate.
And interesting is if when running the stand alone MMTTY 1.65D with com(x)
(for the TxD & Rts-ptt lines) selected instead of extfsk in the TX setup,
the rtty output becomes slow again.  So EXTFSK works well, but I can not
select it within Writelog with the bare bones mmtty that comes up. The
writelog.ini shows the correct directory for mmtty (program files/mmtty)

Using another program - MixW - causes initially normal speed output but
after several cq's the output becomes erratic using FSK. AFSK of course is
normal.

I've had the same problems using a USB device - rigexpert, but I think the
rigblaster plus works somewhat better.

Again, tnx for your input.

73, Jim