[RTTY] GU0SUP EA RTTY

Phil Cooper pcooper at guernsey.net
Sun Apr 2 13:36:48 EDT 2006

Hi all,

I wasn't able to start at the beginning, so only started at around 0615UTC
this morning, and then managed around 9 hours with breaks.
Conditions were quite good on 40m then, and even 20 was quite lively.
Spent ages trying to work P29VAD, which would have been a new one for me,
but he went QRT due to QRM. Ah well!
This afternoon, conditions were poor, with very few W/VE's audible. Even
some of the usual suspects were very weak and hard to copy.

After the contest, I prepared my log as usual, but I see that the ADIF
export now has some rather odd tags!
Here is an example:
===============snip==============
<QSO_DATE:8>20060402 <TIME_ON:6>061644 <FREQ:5>7.045 <BAND:3>40m <STX:1>2
<MODE:4>RTTY
    <CALL:4>NO2T
    <RST_SENT:3>599
    <RST_RCVD:3>599
    <APP_WRITELOG_RCVD:3>246
    <APP_WRITELOG_COUNTRY:13>United States
    <APP_WRITELOG_PREF:1>K
    <APP_WRITELOG_AM:1>1
    <APP_WRITELOG_CM:1>2
    <APP_WRITELOG_P:1>6
<EOR>
===============snip==============
What are all these <APP_WRITELOG_ bits?
It was the same for the BARTG HF contest as well. Wonder if anyone else has
this?
If you use ADIF's to import your log into station logging software, it
clearly won't work, and may also cause a problem if you use ADIF's for LoTW.

Anyway, here is what I managed:
Class: A. Single OP., All band
       QSOs	Pts	DX:	Prov Call Areas
80m: 	0	0	0	0	0
40m:	72	249	26	10	6
20m:	139	185	44	9	11
15m:	17	23	7	2	1
10m:	0	0	0	0	0
Total:	228	457	77	21	18

Total multipliers:	116
Score:			53012

Thanks to all for the points, and apologies for the poor signals!

73 de Phil GU0SUP