[RTTY] New tricks for OLD dogs

Jerry Pixton jpixton at shentel.net
Wed Apr 12 07:10:20 EDT 2006

HI All,

Well, after 56 years in ham radio, I learned a new trick yesterday in
handling pile ups.

Rather than "up 1-2" you put "qsy" and then you change your transmit
frequency to find another station to work. No split!

I saw a TR8 rtty station do this several weeks ago and could not figure it
out. I have been watching each afternoon for a return. Yesterday TR8CA came
up on 14080-14083 doing that. I spent about  15 minutes tracking him and
calling on each frequency he appeared on but at the end of each qso he MOVED.

Finally I just sat on one frequency and called him. I could see where he
was in the pan scope. He finally found me for a new DXCC RTTY country.
Really weird because you can't time your calling to when he is listening.

Jerry, W6IHG
Dr. Jerry R. Pixton, PIXOS Designs LLC
jpixton at shentel.net