[RTTY] GU0SUP SOABLP SCC

Phil Cooper pcooper at guernsey.net
Sun Aug 27 14:10:52 EDT 2006

Hello all,

That was hard work for me, as I seem to have developed antenna problems.
the G5RV I use for 40m was as deaf as a post, and I suspec the SO239 to be
faulty. The inverted L had a high SWR for some reason, although perhaps it
has just stretched a little. Because of that, I was quiet during the night.

Despite some odd conditions, I did manage to log some nice DX, not that that
really matters in this contest.
I worked Franta 7X0RY on all 5 bands! Many thanks for pulling me out Franta!
I was also pleased to work Bob VE6YR and K7UG as well.
I keep missing P29ZAD, but hope to work him in CQWW for a new DXCC for me.

There was one amusing moment when I was CQ'ing. A station called me, and I
gave him 599 1992 1992, and he came back with WOW GOOD SCORE TU 599 001 001
!!! he must have thought he was a long way behind!

Being without the cluster is OK, but it does mean I probably missed out on
some short openings on 10m. I also didn't venture to 15m that often either.
Thankyou to those that spotted me, as it did help a few times.

Here is my claimed score:
Class: C. Single OP., All bands, LP
 	 QSOs	Points	Years
80m: 	10	21	10
40m:	34	70	26
20m:	224	490	56
15m:	21	45	17
10m:	6	13	6
Total:	295	639	115

Total multipliers:	115
Score:		         73485
Op time: 	       abt 12 hours

Earliest year: 		1947 ES5Q
Latest year:   		2006 OS1Q
Most common year: 	1965
Median year:	      	1980
I also worked all years from 1956 to 2000. 1955 and 2001 would have made it
a run from 1952 to 2006!

Thanks to all for the points, and the fun.
My log is already on LoTW, but if anyone wants a "proper" QSL card, then
fine.

73 all,

Phil GU0SUP