[RTTY] Thanks CQ, W6OTC & Don KF2XF

Bill Turner dezrat at copper.net
Mon Aug 28 23:44:10 EDT 2006

ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On Mon, 28 Aug 2006 23:14:34 -0400, <aa5au at bellsouth.net> wrote:

>And today I received something special in the mail from Don KF2XF.  It was a handsome certificate of appreciation that Don had made especially for me for "the unconditional and generous sharing of his knowledge and experience in the world of Radio Teletype operations and radio contesting".

------------ REPLY FOLLOWS ------------

Don is unique in the relatively short history of RTTY contesting. He
has won every award you can imagine and his website stands alone in
its helpfulness and detail. One can only guess how many hours Don has
spent putting it together.

One rarely sees such a combination of superb competitor and superb
Elmer.

Us Old Timers recall the contribution to the early days of VHF made by
my role model W1HDQ; Don's contribution to RTTY contesting is of the
same caliber and will not soon be forgotten.

Welcome back, friend!

--
73, Bill W6WRT