[RTTY] 160m TARA RTTY Melee

IronmanY2k IronmanY2K at triathlete.com
Fri Dec 1 18:53:06 EST 2006

Thanks to all who gave their input on this.  The best situation would be if the contest were on separate weekends; but their not.  I have decided to play with the hand that we were delt.  The only logical portion of the band to work will be on the digital bandplan of 1.800 - 1.810Kc.  I will rally there at 0300Z and 1000Z. I guess that it will only take about 15-30 minutes to work all the RTTY stations.  The CW contest is 42 hours so I doubt the up to 1 hour we operate will cause any problems.

I have operated this contest in the past and the 3.5 hours I operated I made 100 contacts and three of them were in the digital band.

73, Jim
AD6WL