[RTTY] CR's and LF's

Tom Osborne w7why at verizon.net
Sun Dec 3 12:46:42 EST 2006

The TARA contest this year was a lot of fun, as usual.  But I did notice
that a lot of op's are still putting cr/lf's at the end of each macro.
Putting 1 at the start is good, but not at the end.

It works a whole lot better (except for the guys still using paper rolls)
without any cr/lf at the end of the macro's.  I just put 4-5 spaces at end
and it should make it better for the guy at the other end not having to
chase my call or report all over the screen.  You can play with the squelch
control to minimize the amount of garbage on the screen.

What is frustrating is when someone answers only giving their call 1 time
then has 3 cr's.  It takes the call out of sight, even before you get a
chance to click on it.  Same way with the reports.  Especially when running
with 8 windows open on the screen.  Doesn't leave much room for received
text. :-)

Thanks for all the Q's and 73
Tom W7WHY