[RTTY] re SV2ASP/A rtty

Barry w2up at mindspring.com
Sun Dec 31 16:26:57 EST 2006

I have a RTTY QSL from him dated 8/94.

It counts as a country for the same reason 4U1UN and ITU count - at that
time "separate administration" was part of the country criteria.  From
the Mt. Athos web site:

The Holy Mount is a self- governed part of the Greek state, subject to
the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in its political aspect and to the
Ecumenical Patriarch of Constantinopole as regards its religious aspect.

73,
Barry W2UP

Jack Wiebe wrote:
> Monk Apollo does indeed, or at least did, work RTTY at one time. I
> worked him on Spet.24, 1991 on 20M.   Unfortunately for me, never
> did manage to get a QSL card from him.
> Just out of curiosity, why does Mt. Athos qualify for country
> status?
>
> Jack, VE7CF

Barry Kutner, W2UP
Newtown, PA