[RTTY] HF-2V or HF-6V

Andrei Nevis v49a at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 13 22:59:26 EST 2006

Hi Tony nd all,
  I had the same question to myself several months ago..
  Finally, I purchased HF-2V just before CQ WW RTTY 2005. It took me 1 hour total to install and adjust it. Very easy to assemble, all holes were predrilled, etc.. Piece of Cake.
  I have small backyard, so I put 15 random bended wires for the radials (from 30 to 70 ft long). The SWR is very good on 40 meters and good enough for RTTY portion on 80 metres. More radials you laid, lower SWR you get, and wider bandwidth as well.
  I am satisfied with HF-2V, however my homemade elevated 43 ft long GP (made from fiberglasses) is working better: the bandwidth is wider on 80 meters (about 140 KHZ vs 60 KHz of HF-2V) and SWR is about 1.2:1 on All 40 meters Band. It does work better but it is longer and.. it jsut broke down (second time) in two halfs, after the first night of WPX RTTY Contest; we got very strong wind the whole night..
  I do not regret, that I bought HF-2V (new - for some $250 from HRO, Anaheim, CA)
  I think that HF-2V would work better with elevated resonant radials, but it is too windy here, so I am afraid a bit and also have no time for now, maybe on summer time I will try.
  I also have R-6000 by Cuschraft. I have been using it for the last three-four years from different parts of the world (HC, KP4, V44). It works OK for me as a Second antenna, on all bands 20 thru 10 meters plus WARC bands (I do not use it for 6 meters) no problem at all, especially when close to the ocean water. Another piece of Cake.
  Hope this would help.
  73's Andrei EW1AR-NP3D

Radioman <radioman at frpd.org> wrote:

This is most likely not the list for this, BUT

anyone had any luck on RTTY with either? HF-2V or the HF-6V,
ive been looking for a vertical for the second station, but

Gap/Butternut/Crush craft?
so many and what are the ups and downs,
so many listings on the web, with a lot of back patting, its like a guess..

Tony
NN1D