[RTTY] CW interference!

f6irf@free.fr f6irf at free.fr
Tue Feb 21 10:55:02 EST 2006

Phil GU0SUP wrote
>How about we send emails of complaint to the various folk concerned about
>the band-plans over this past weekend!
>CW all the way up to 14120, without ANY thought for us poor folk trying to
>enjoy RTTY!

Phil,
The "official" answer is provided by the recent Davos R1 Iaru meeting
recommendations (btw nothing really new...):

- CW QSOs are accepted across all bands, except within beacon segments
(Recommendation DV05_C4_Rec_13)
- Contest activity shall not take place on the 10, 18 and 24 MHz bands
- Non-contesting radio amateurs are recommended to use the contest-free HF bands
(30, 17 and 12m) during the largest international contests. (DV05_C4_Rev_07)

IMHO: Rather than a useless fighting against windmills, it is a good
choice to work CW when everybody elses does, work RTTY when everybody else does
and take a weekend off when everybody works SSB (ie do QSL's)...
Judging by the number of known callsigns I met this weekend, it looks like a
popular approach... (You may find the same guy who CQ on 7030 during a RTTY
test, CQ'ing on 7036 during a CW test... )
And if really you cannot resist to the transceiver appeal, you still have a
large choice of activities starting from VLF to microwaves, through WARC, VHF,
UHF...
And if you really want to blame someone, you can start by me, as I stayed quite
some time CQ'ing around 14085... (and you know what ? I don't even feel
guilty!)

73's - Pat
http://f6irf.blogspot.com/

[RTTY] CW interference!
from [Phil Cooper] [Permanent Link][Original]

How about we send emails of complaint to the various folk concerned about
the band-plans over this past weekend!
CW all the way up to 14120, without ANY thought for us poor folk trying to
enjoy RTTY!

Wonder if anyone would listen to US????

Just goes to show you have to live and let live!

And I still didn't get 3Y0X in the log!

Ah well, such is life!

73 de Phil GU0SUP