[RTTY] Station upgrade

AD5VJ Bob rtnmi at sbcglobal.net
Sun Feb 26 01:42:01 EST 2006

 Well, slowly I am catching on here. Ok let me ask you
this, now that I have monitored the bands all day and have
saved many RTTY frequencies to memory, this being a NA
contest I have many local (if you will) frequencies for
local chatting.

The big question at this point is - are there places the
DX hangs out.

Right now I hear absolutely no RTTY on the low (40/80)
bands. So since the bands have stretched, where do I hunt
for DX for RTTY.

BTW:
PSK has a major advantage since you tune to one frequency
for all but RTTY is a bit more of a challenge I am finding
out.

But, PSK to me is like shooting ducks in a barrel
(boring), not much of a challenge, hence not much fun, but
the more I get involved in RTTY there seems to be more of
a challenge to it.

Kind of like "catch me if you can", or are there DX
frequencies or spreads or do you just hunt cq for it like
with CW.

  73 fer nw,
Bob AD5VJ

10X# 37210, FP#-1141, SMIRK#-5177
http://www.n5iet.com/
Code may be taking a back seat for now,
but the pioneering spirit that put the code
there in the first place is out front of it all.

Turner
> Sent: Sunday, February 26, 2006 12:26 AM
> To: AD5VJ Bob; rtty at contesting.com
> Subject: Re: [RTTY] Station upgrade
>
> On Saturday, February 25, 2006 9:22 PM [GMT+1=CET],
AD5VJ Bob
> <rtnmi at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>
> > So 250hz is the filter size I want to use for RTTY?
> >

> >  73 fer nw,
> > Bob AD5VJ
> Yes, either 250 or 300 will do fine. 500 will do in a
pinch
> (stranded on a desert island) but you wouldn't be happy
with