[RTTY] K4WW

Tyler Stewart k3mm at verizon.net
Sun Feb 26 20:36:48 EST 2006

Exactly right, Ed.  A pregnant pause maybe, but anything more than a few
seconds is fair game.

However, I caution you to be sure that the station wasn't just working a
weak one you couldn't hear. I know I have difficulty many times during a
contest weekend when I'm working EU for example and someone comes up on the
frequency immediately calling CQ or even asking very quickly while I'm
trying to pull out a report from 5 lines of exchange from eastern Eu, etc.
Then they get all torqued off when you finally acknowledge the guy and keep
on truckin'.

I've also had real weak guys start calling CQ on the frequency while I'm
beaming EU.  I try to ignore them most of the time, but if my rate starts
tanking, I have to move the beam stateside to chase them off.  Then they get
all indignant that it's their frequency, etc.

It's one of them contest thangs you just have to deal with when it
happens...

Ty K3MM