[RTTY] State exchanges in RU

Jim Reisert AD1C jjreisert at alum.mit.edu
Mon Jan 9 10:45:41 EST 2006

I made about 700 QSOs.

W7KB sent UTAH as his state, Writelog didn't like this.

One guy sent OH OHIO I think.

Another sent "RST in <state>" and he was NOT in Indiana :-)

I think I saw one instance of "RST-ST-ST" which wastes time converting to figs ("-") and back to letters ("S")

But that's a pretty low percentage, and we still have fingers and keyboards to correct this.

What really bugged me was when I tried to correct my call and the other station NEVER acknowledged the corrected call.  I usually sent the corrected call a few times, so I'm sure they copied it.  I don't know the scoring works, but I hope I don't lose credit for those QSOs!

73 - Jim AD1C

-- Jim Reisert AD1C, 7 Charlemont Court, North Chelmsford, MA 01863
USA +978-251-9933, jjreisert at alum.mit.edu, http://www.ad1c.us