[RTTY] Fw: RE: NAQP RTTY on NCDXF Beacon]

robert tf3rb at internet.is
Mon Jan 9 13:41:41 EST 2006

hi all.
Those who use souncards or use FSK keying and set the rig to 14.100, where
does the signal go.
FSK shift is 2125/2295 for mark/space or 1275/1445 mark/space. When using
soundcards this can be almost anywhere, I use 1100/1300 because it goes into
the filters passband on my rig.
The 2 KHZ safetyzone is the minium to set for us not to interfere with the
beacon. It should be 2500 HZ. There are too many hams out there who don't
know about this mark/space stuff.
But on the other hand I wonder those who send/receve on the beacon
frequency, don't they have interference from the beacon??

regards & 73 tf3tty robert..

p.s. I wonder how I am doing as a rtty contester!
am I good or bad?

c u all