[RTTY] rtty laptops

Chuck Brudtkuhl wa0roi at rocketmail.com
Sun Jan 22 10:42:11 EST 2006

  It's interesting to read these opinions.  Modern laptops that I've used around radio have been Dell and IBM ThinkPads.

  The ThinkPads (as someone said) are built like a tank ... trouble is all of mine have also driven like a tank, one with a poorly running engine.  I'm down to one left that I keep only because its the only laptop I have a 12V power supply for.

  The Dells have given me virtually no problems that I can recall.  They've all been Latitudes.

  I've had no RF problems with any of them, even running full legal power.  The caveat to this statement is that I've never had them connected to the radio under full power conditions and full power conditions have always been in my shack under normal conditions.  Under portable conditions, I've only run them around/attached to 100 watt stations (e.g. FD), with no problem,

  73 de chuck

Chuck Brudtkuhl

www.iowatelecom.net/~brudtkuhl
www.qsl.net/wa0roi