[RTTY] [CQ-Contest] Mono band amps

Bill Turner dezrat1242 at ispwest.com
Sun Jan 22 15:35:59 EST 2006

ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

At 10:44 AM 1/22/2006, VSH-RW4WZ wrote:

>Good idea, but it seems for me it will be cheaper and easy to build  PA
>using
>one tube and 5 PI networks which is switch by 10 relays......
>We build  30 years ago such a kind  PA at UK4WAR ;)
>
>73!
>
>Larry
>
>RW4WZ

That would be good too if you can keep the lead lengths down. Also, a
relay to switch the plate end of the pi net would have to be pretty
substantial ($$$). I like the idea though.

Perhaps the tube could be in the center and the networks laid out
like spokes of a wheel? That would take a lot of chassis space, but
so would separate amps.

Or maybe a single tapped coil and separate tune/load caps being
switched in and out?

How did you do it at VK4WAR?

73, Bill W6WRT