[RTTY] NAQP Plaque - thanks!

Don Hill AA5AU aa5au at bellsouth.net
Mon Jan 23 15:48:15 EST 2006

Thanks to everyone involved for the wonderful plaque I received for Single Op
winner in the July NAQP RTTY contest.

It was quite a surprise to win the event because it appeared my good friend to
the north, Charlie KI5XP, had nipped me this time.  But it was so close that I
guess after log checking, I barely edged him out.  Sorry about that Charlie.
But Charlie has come a long way and if his claimed score holds up for the 2006
Roundup, then he may have a nice plaque for that effort.  I hope so.  He's
worked very hard.

I have arranged to have my inside house repairs started in March so I could
compete in the NAQP February event.  Shortly after this event, I will be off the
air for approximately 4 weeks.  I'm not looking forward to it, but I am looking
forward to getting the house back in order.  I just rebuilt the shack in
March/April 2004 so guess I'll have to do it again.  Heck, maybe I'll make it
even better!

Again, thanks to everyone.  The NAQP RTTY events will continue to grow in
popularity because of its interesting format of band multipliers - and we get to
do it twice a year!

Hope to see everyone in BARTG Sprint this weekend.

73, Don AA5AU