[RTTY] Question for ST-8000 users

Bill Turner dezrat1242 at ispwest.com
Tue Jan 24 12:11:49 EST 2006

I just became the proud owner of a HAL ST-8000. I would be even more
proud if I could get it to work right. :-) I'm using WriteLog version
10.54c, Windows XP Home SP2, Pentium 4 2.4 GHz.

The problem must have to do with com port settings. It decodes the
received signal ok, but when it prints in the RittyRite window, it
comes in chunks instead of letter by letter. There will be a pause of
about one or two seconds, then 15-20 characters will print all at
once, then another pause, then another 15-20 characters all at once
and so on. When transmitting, the actual output over the air is ok
(monitored on a second computer) but the print echoed to the
RittyRite window is chunky too.

This would seem to me to be a flow control problem but I have tried
all combinations possible with no luck. Have tried two different com
ports. Been all through the manual and can't find any info about com
port settings, which surprises me somewhat. I would think the
settings would be important, but maybe not. Am I overlooking something?

All suggestions appreciated.

73, Bill W6WRT