[RTTY] LoTW - another view

Scott Schultz scottaschultz at juno.com
Thu Jan 26 17:49:36 EST 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "Doug Hall" <doug.hall at jps.com>
To: "'RTTY'" <rtty at contesting.com>
Sent: Thursday, January 26, 2006 1:14 PM
Subject: [RTTY] LoTW - another view

>Should we give ARRL folks grief because they don't use it?

I answer with a resounding YES! After all, this is their product, a product
they want us to use. Division Directors, Vice Directors and other Executive
Committee Members should be the most vocal cheerleaders for the ARRL, their
products and services. If they can not with a clear conscience support the
mission of the organization they serve, they need to either retire from
their position or attempt to garner enough support from a sufficient number
of other board members to redirect the League according to their desire.

LoTW went live on September 15, 2003. That is over 28 months ago. Maybe if
more Executive Committee Members were active users of their own system there
would be more than two operating awards today, only one of which is fully
functional.

Scott NØIU