[RTTY] thats very sad gert

DL8MBS prickler.schneider at t-online.de
Fri Jan 27 13:41:29 EST 2006

W6WRT wrote: <QSLing is so basic and so fundamental to Amateur Radio...

If it were so basic and fundamental  - why was there the discussion on
the CQ-contest-reflector about QSLing with you and others saying "No
(quote W6WRT: "Alright, but the other ham should also not assume that I
send out QSLs just for the fun of it.Call me an old grump if you like,
but I resent this pressure put on us hams mostly by the ARRL to send
QSLs willy-nilly all over the world. "A QSL is the final courtesy of a
QSO". Says who? If someone buys into that, fine, and if not, that's fine
too. I can be talked into things, but I'll be darned if I will be
pressured against my will."
end of quote)

Sorry in advance if I got something wrong. For me, too, QSL is still
basic at least as a friendly habit adding a personal note -
independently of "new ones" or "valuable or not valuable". A card or
maybe a .jpg some day with a cartoon, picture or personal info about the
ham adds something to the hobby thats more than 599 and checking a box
for a "new one". It´s only - as you said - "just for the fun of it".
Think I´m getting old hamwise...

Best 73 and good luck on the bands, Chris (DL8MBS)