[RTTY] 2006 BARTG Sprint - AA5VU SOAB

Dick Kriss, AA5VU aa5vu at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jan 29 21:07:15 EST 2006

CALLSIGN: AA5VU
CONTEST: BARTG-SPRINT
CATEGORY: SINGLE-OP ALL BAN
NAME: Dick Kriss
CLUB: Central Texas DX and Contest Club CTDXCC

QSOs: 325
SCORE: TBD by BARTG Robot

SOAPBOX:
I am too lazy to manually score the 325 QSOs. I like to work them but
scoring is boring.  Some things are best left to robots. The 325 total QSO
score is a significant improvement over my 2005 180 QSOs.  Thanks to the FB
cocoaModem software by W7AY I am more confident in my ability to decode and
I am more comfortable running in the CQ mode.  I recalled the tip on page 30
of the Jan/Feb National Contest Journal where a sign was noted at the NA5U
contest station saying "Call CQ. Mults answer CQs".   I think most of the
most of my logged multipliers, including ZL4BR and VK6HD, were calls that
responded to my CQs.

It never entered my mind to upload contest Cabrillo.log file to LoTW until I
read some of the postings on this reflector.  FYI, I tried and went round
and round last week to get the tqsl application to digitally sign the UK-DX
Cabrillo RTTY log.  Wayne Mills, N7NG/1, from ARRL responded to my help
request to let me know the UK-DX-RTTU contest is not on the list of the list
supported contests and provided some workaround tips.  Based on some help
from Bill Coleman, AA4LR, I learned how to train my tqsl application to
allow LoTW to read the file. The bottom line is I finally signed and saved
the .ts8 file.  It was uploaded and accepted by LoTW. This problem will be a
non issue as the BARTG Sprint is on the list of supported contest.  The key
to tqsl signing a file is the correct contest name.  If there is interest I
will post the list of LoTW of supported contest names provided by N7NG/1.

It was a fun contest and the 40 meter Jammer that was all over the UK-DX
RTTY contest must have been tied up in the 160 Meter CW contest.

73, Dick AA5VU