[RTTY] Sound Card - Radio Interface ?

Mark Perrin mperrin at ordata.com
Mon Jan 30 13:09:16 EST 2006

Clint,

Relative new me-sef - I use the Rigblaster Plus, so can do FSK.  I have two
laptops, old Toshiba, old Dell, and a new Dell table top box with biiigggg
monitor.  Whatever the chip/soundcard is in them, works fine for me.

For software I use MMTTY for casual operating and  Writelog, plus the MMTTY
Plug-in, for contesting.

If you have not found them already, check out two invaluable sites set up
and maintained by Don AA5AU for RTTY.  The MMTTY tutorial is found at
www.aa5au.com/rtty  and contesting, with emphasis on useing Writelog, is at
www.rttycontesting.com where you will find lots of Don's recaps on what he
did and why in particular contests, using USB in lieu of serial ports,
contest exchanges, and lots more.

Don's candor with the RTTY contest community is a leading example of how
the great RTTY contesters are willing to share the "secrets" of success in
this mode.  [main one being stay in the chair, but there are others, :-)  ]

And do not be hesitant about asking questions on the reflector - good group
no matter the level of question raised - boy, I should know from some of
the stuff I have asked about.

73 from Oregon,

Mark N7MQ