[RTTY] Fwd: NAQP RTTY WK6I Single Op LP

Jeff Stai jds at twistedoak.com
Mon Jul 17 14:47:03 EDT 2006

                    North American QSO Party, RTTY

Call: WK6I

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 9.99
Radios: SO2R

   80:   58    19
   40:  160    45
   20:  212    48
   15:   77    31
   10:   88    33
-------------------
Total:  595   176  Total Score = 104,720

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Team: NCCC Rabid Mallards

Comments:

Above is what I sent to 3830, but I forgot to note that I was guest
operating at WC6H (thanks Rich!)

10 was awesome. As far as I was concerned it was wide open everywhere
for the first hour or two. At the start of the contest I was getting
my best rates there.

15 was strange. During the event I believed that 15 must have been in
some sort of in between propagation zone (not enough F, but below Es).
Now after looking at other west coast scores, I wonder if there was an
antenna issue.

20 was 20...

40 seemed to open early, or Rich's big 40m antenna opened it for me. I
was running stations well before sunset.

80 was quite productive during the last two hours, but even with the
low noise level at WC6H (S4 max) I still missed several callers down
in the noise.

(I tried several times to move stations to my other band but did not
succeed - if you can recall that I asked you to QSY, can you let me
know that you at least tried, or perhaps why you didn't...?)

No writelog issues this time, other than usual port conflict issues
when setting up two RTTY windows plus RX clone windows. (I find that
restarting writelog generally gets it to forget whatever was causing
the problem.)

thanks for the fun and all the Qs! Especially thanks to all of you who
stayed up on the east coast to work 80.

73 - j

Jeff Stai               jds at twistedoak.com
Twisted Oak Winery      http://www.twistedoak.com/
Winery Blog             http://www.elbloggotorcido.com/
Rocketry Org. of CA     http://www.rocstock.org/
LDRS 26                 http://www.ldrs26.org/
Amateur Radio           WK6I ~ Calaveras County, CA
See you in the California QSO Party! ~ Oct 7-8 2006 ~ http://www.cqp.org/