[RTTY] luggable rtty station

Andrei Nevis v49a at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 17 15:28:52 EDT 2006

Hi Jeff and everyone:
  I travelled many times to V44, HC and else where using:
  a. TS-570DG with true FSK interface,
  b. Laptop with Writelog,
  c. small power supply Alinco 330,
  d. verticals.
  This setup worked good for me.
  73's Andrei EW1AR-NP3D

Jeff Stai <jds at twistedoak.com> wrote:

hi - I currently find myself often guest operating at local 'super' stations for RTTY contests. Since these stations typically do not have RTTY set up, I end up lugging computer, rigs, and even SO2R aids like stub filters to these locations.

I am currently hauling around my trusty pair of old FT1000Ds which I like FB for RTTY operation (yes, even with the crazy tuning rate), but they are very heavy and getting up in years - not to mention having to break them down from my home station and set them back up each time.

This may be ultimately something of a fantasy exercise, but I thought I would poll you folks anyway to see where it led...

So the question is: If I could, I would like a matched pair of rigs that met the following basic specs:

- modern receiver specs, at least as good as my 1000Ds with INRAD roofing and 250/400 hz filters

- relatively light weight

- FSK required

- comfortable at 100W with RTTY contest duty cycles

So, if you could, what would you recommend?

thanks very much! - jeff wk6i

Jeff Stai jds at twistedoak.com
Twisted Oak Winery http://www.twistedoak.com/
Winery Blog http://www.elbloggotorcido.com/
Rocketry Org. of CA http://www.rocstock.org/
LDRS 26 http://www.ldrs26.org/
Amateur Radio WK6I ~ Calaveras County, CA
See you in the California QSO Party! ~ Oct 7-8 2006 ~ http://www.cqp.org/

BEST 73'S
ANDREI STCHISLENOK
EW1AR-NP3D