[RTTY] Not to beat the SO2R horse...

Rick Mintz Rmintz at Rochester.rr.com
Wed Jul 19 22:28:19 EDT 2006

Maybe I have a chemical imbalance, but I am a bit miffed at the NAQP RTTY scores. I looked at the 3830 posted scores that finished above mine in NAQP RTTY and noticed the many SO2R entries. (8 of the top 10 scores were SO2R) (12 of the top 20)

My score, if the SO2R stations are removed, jumps from 24th to 12th place. These stations may well have kicked my butt as SO1R, but I will never know for sure. That being said, I do have respect for those that have the station and can effectively handle an SO2R operation.

I think that it is time for the contest sponsors to take a closer look at SO2R as a separate entry class. Even more simply, restrict band changes for Single Op to once in as little as two minutes. Entry classifications are to level the field for scoring and this is not working.

Rick W2RTY/W1TY