[RTTY] Not to beat the SO2R horse...

Roland Guidry na5q at w5ddl.org
Thu Jul 20 08:36:58 EDT 2006

Be careful SO2R 's, if us SO1R stations decided not to play because the
playing field is uneven, who would you work, just each other....?

I agree the contest managers should make a separate category for SO1R and
SO2R. My good friend is a SO2R op and I respect his ability to do so. But,
guys you know the playing field is not even! Scores for SO2R are double the
SO1R scores.

Why should the SO2R hams object. They still can make contacts, but they are
in competition with other stations in their class. Isn't this what its
suppose to be about?

I have found that I have to wait seconds longer for a confirmation when
working a SO2R station, how do I know, I kept a record of the contacts where
this occurred and compared the call signs on 3830, they were SO2R stations.
This is occurring because they are completing a contact with another station
or they are not proficient operating SO2R. It is easy to detect...
Personally it slows me down, thus drops my run and lowers my score.

NAQP is an enjoyable contest for me because of USA contacts and short op
period.

Just my opinion folks, no flames please.

73, Roland NA5Q