[RTTY] NAQP RTTY

k0bx at arrl.net k0bx at arrl.net
Thu Jul 20 09:19:21 EDT 2006

I had to LOL when I saw this remark from Jim.

Several years ago I used "DRDEMENTO" as a name.  Boy,
I think everyone is younger than me.  No one except
one guy knew who Dr. Demento was, and every qso I had
to repeat several times the name.

Then a few years ago (how soon we forget) I used
"JOEY" instead of Joe.

Now in every RTTY contest there are several guys with
their friends file with K0BX=JOEY calling me.  How
long will it be until they get an updated friends
file??? Only the Shadow Knows!!

Joe K0BX

--- Jim Reisert AD1C <jjreisert at alum.mit.edu> wrote:

I learned a valuable lesson this weekend (if you're
not learning,
you're not
growing):

    Don't use a stupid nickname like BigPapi
(apologies to Mr. Ortiz)
    I don't remember how many times I had to send it
again.