[RTTY] Not to beat the SO2R horse...

Bill Turner dezrat at copper.net
Thu Jul 20 12:29:37 EDT 2006

On Thu, 20 Jul 2006 11:30:46 -0400, Joe wrote:

>If you want to limit two radios are you going to prohibit the FT-1000D,
>FT-9000, IC-7800, Orion, etc. that allows using the second receiver to
>search for multipliers on a different band?  What about a second receiver?

No, they would not be prohibited, just turn off the second receiver or
operate in the Unlimited class.

>Monoband antennas on multiple towers are a significant advantage over the
>tribander at 50' class ... do you propose to outlaw big antennas?

Nobody wants to "outlaw" anything. Just operate in the proper class,
Limited or Unlimited.

Just so it's clear: I greatly admire the ops who go all out
hardware-wise. I like reading their stories and seeing the competition
between them. But that is not my preferred style of operating and I
would like to compete against my equals, not my unequals.

As I've noted before, heavyweights do not box middleweights, Indy cars
to not race against stock cars and the NFL does not play against high
school teams. Yet each class is exciting anyway because when like
competes against like the playing field is level, not tilted in favor
of one side before the competition even begins.

Bill, W6WRT