[RTTY] Fwd: Re: Not to beat the ANTENNA OVERKILL horse...

Phil Sussman psussman at pactor.com
Fri Jul 21 16:02:02 EDT 2006

What Bill says, limited -vs- unlimited makes sense to me.

I've avoided contests recently because I was told that
any contact with me is worthless because I've given up
bothering to submit my log. I was told that's why some
stations won't work me during a contest -- a waste of
their time and effort. Any Q with me gets deleted.

That's a sad state of affairs. You see contesting used
to be fun for me, not for the points, but for the
enjoyment. Now, to many, all that matters is scoring
every extra point to the extent of trampling the bands
and the obsession of winning at any expense.

Thank goodness for the WARC bands.. that's where you'll
find me during a contest. RTTY works on 17m, too.

Contesting has stopped being an amateur operation and
turned into a professional vocation. How sad!

Phil Sussman - N8PS
Clayton, Ohio

-------