[RTTY] Not to beat the SO2R horse

Robert Chudek - K0RC k0rc at citlink.net
Sat Jul 22 11:26:00 EDT 2006

Steve,

"Come here lookin' fer trouble, eh, pard'ner?"  :-)

If a mode can be done on *one* transceiver, IMO it's SO1R. That's still a *simplex* configuration in my eyes. You can't rx and tx at the same time.

I chose to use the simplex and duplex analogies because it is already a recognized distinction between two (old, well established) technologies. It also solves the problem of classifying the new "2 in 1" radios. If you can tx/rx simultaneously, you effectively have two radios, whether they are one or two physical boxes.

73 de Bob - K0RC

Message: 4