[RTTY] Not to beat the SO2R horse

Phil Sussman psussman at pactor.com
Sat Jul 22 13:56:03 EDT 2006

But Barry, Bill was not talking about SO2R. He was
replying to 'what consitutes SO1R?'.

My observation is that you can have SO2R capability in
your rig and only use SO1R by choice! It's not the rig
to me, but rather how you use that rig that constitutes
the 'operating class.'

Using a second receiver in the same rig or two separate
receivers, or a wide view spectrum analyzer or two
separate (or more) rigs or for that matter transmiitting
and receiving at the same time is plainly not SO1R.

Phil Sussman
Clayton, Ohio