[RTTY] SO1R vs SO2R - Limited class vs Unlimited class

Ron Stailey k5dj at austin.rr.com
Sat Jul 22 14:07:27 EDT 2006

 Another way to look at this is NEVER list SO2R EVER again. Since your

 using ONE radio at a time you are still SO1R when your using that single

 radio, and SO1R when your using the other single radio. Listing SO2R isn't

 a rule or necessary. Just send in your score as Single Op HP or LP and let

 it go at that.

 "BUT", this has been mentioned B4. :-)  No matter how you look at it
someone

 can and will find a way around it.  Human factor of finding a loophole or

 advantage point, will always be in play.  I'm sorry but that's the way it
is.

 How many times have we talked about this in the last 10yrs???  Make your
category

 SO1R and SO2R - Limited and Un-limited and see how many list S/O, SO1R or
just

 simply S/Op HP or LP. Title the category anyway you want, I'll bet someone
can

 find a loophole the first day the rules appear in print. There still using
one

 radio at a time. I don't see anyway around this. If there was, especially
with

 this much chatter about it, I feel the rules would have been changed by
now.

 Don't you??? I would make a station or equipment change to get a 10%
advantage. I

 would especially make a self operating change, for the 40% advantage your
talking

 about. YEP I shore would and did..

 Since there is a 99.3% chance the rules won't change, maybe we should have
some

 good discussions on how to make SO2R work for you, the man that hasn't done
it, or

 feels like he can't do it. I assure you, YOU can do it. Never mind the I
can't

 afford it stuff. Bull Dunk, you can afford it and you can do it if you want

 bad enough.. It's NOT that hard.

  Just food for thought, nothing bad or insulting intended..

  73, de Ron K5DJ

 ====