[RTTY] An open letter to Shelby, K4WW

Robert Chudek - K0RC k0rc at citlink.net
Sun Jul 23 13:37:36 EDT 2006

Shelby,

As an active member of the RTTY community who helped fan the flames on this topic, everyone should already know I support your decision.

I also want to commend the digital community on the lively debate and not straying into demeaning, bashing and personal attacks during the discussion. And especially to Joe, W4TV, who sat on the other end of the teeter-totter, providing very strong counterpoints.

Whether the change is adopted for 2007 or not, I expect to see the same callsigns in the 3830 listings and published results. But I might not be sitting there catching up on my NCJ's while I'm contesting much longer.

What you might not know is I already have the second transceiver that will allow me to enter SO2R and compete with my peers. I just haven't taken it out of the box and set it up yet.

73 de Bob - K0RC

Message: 1