[RTTY] debate

NW7US, Tomas nw7us at hfradio.org
Sun Jul 23 15:45:35 EDT 2006

I am one-handed - just had my second surgery, this one on my left wrist,
for carpel tunnel release.  My right hand was done about two months ago.
I am still recovering from that as I have about a 50lbs loss still in that
hand.  So -- I really need a typing "level" for my situation.

With that said,

I usually don't weigh in on discussions like this regarding contests and
"making it even."  However, as a propagationist - heh - I often bemoan the
fact that those who live in regions where propagation is more favorable
get higher scores.  I live right in a valley that has high elevations on
three sides of me.  I only hear whispers of the signals that my far
neighbors in Seattle hear at S9.  I hear the Seattle stations working some
mystery signal, and give reports of 599.  So, I figure that there must
need to be a class in all contests that "handicap" those who have
situations drastically different than those in other areas.

Of course, the returned answer to such logic is that I should just move.

I can't wait until that day...

On Sun, 23 Jul 2006 12:33:58 -0700, FireBrick <w9ol at billnjudy.com> wrote:

> Rats, I hate it when I proofread and still miss a typo!
> I fixed in this version.  I'm using the excuse that mytyping field
> wasn't level and that's what made my typing
> score so poor!

73 de Tomas, NW7US ( http://ic-discipleship-ministries.org/ )

(Check out the new HAM review of ACE-HF: http://hfradio.org/ace-hf/

: Propagation Editor for CQ, CQ VHF, Popular Communications :
: Creator; live propagation center http://prop.hfradio.org/ :
: Associate Member of Propagation Studies Committee of RSGB :
: 122.93W 47.67N / Brinnon, Washington USA CN87 CW/SSB/DIGI :
: 10x56526, FISTS 7055, FISTS NW 57, Lighthouse Society 144 :
: Technical Writer for http://entirenet.net  (Microsoft KB) :