[RTTY] An open letter to Shelby, K4WW

Robert Chudek - K0RC k0rc at citlink.net
Sun Jul 23 17:02:16 EDT 2006

Joe Subich, W4TV, said:

"Shelby, I am absolutely shocked and disgusted that you would
even consider  an action of this nature for a contest sponsored
by NCJ.  NCJ has always been about extending the capabilities
of both the station and the operator ... getting 110% - always
trying to improve both the station and operator.  To "exile"
SOmR operators is just plain wrong ... in the same way as
refusing to allow "that kind" to move into "your" neighborhood."

To which I reply:

What is this "exile" business??? They're not being shipped off
to prison! We're talking about an additional column of calls in a
listing of scores. geez...

Joe, you can be disgusted all you want... take all the scores,
remove all the classifications, and list them highest to lowest.
See how much contest enthusiasm you'll have with a 22,000
point score when you see the top dog has 345,000 points.

73 de Bob - K0RC