[RTTY] Two sides

Phil Sussman psussman at pactor.com
Sun Jul 23 18:29:52 EDT 2006

I suppose there are two sides to every argument, just as there are
two sides to every pancake. Perhaps I am 'misreading' this thread,
and if I am, please forgive me.

But in the SO1R / SOmR discussion, it looks to me as if the SO2R
side is saying there's really no need for a SO1R restriction. The
case being, they have as much of an opportunity of scoring as
does everyone else. Of course the falacy of the argument is that
'little guns' can possibly outperform 'big guns' if they had the
right operator or the right location for scoring big. Looks logical,
but in the real world it just isn't true. If, for example, an SOxR
station decided to run SO1R on the 'edge', any competent SO2R
station would easily outperform. It's pellet guns -vs- shot guns
at ten paces.

Level playing field aside (assuming the aether is an equal
opportunity media, which we all know it is not) it's the equivilent
of matching Olympic atheletes -vs- competition from the Special
Olympics.

In matching Baseball, Golf, or NHF teams think of the 'any given day'
rule. On any given day does the opposing team have a remote possibility
of winning. In RTTY contesting, not a chance. Thus the split.

Sorry to offend and respectfully I did not intend to do so.

Phil Sussman
N8PS