[RTTY] Level Playing Field is unrealistic

Tom Osborne w7why at verizon.net
Sun Jul 23 20:02:59 EDT 2006

>After I improved my antenna situation, I just
> assumed the next step was going SO2R.  That might have been a >mistake for
> me - I should've gained more experience first, >because I didn't really
> improve my score that much when >SO2R.  But it sure was a fun challenge

Hi John

Right on on that one.  I now have 2 radios, (actually 3 radios now) a DX
Doubler, all kinds of antennas,  and I sure haven't improved my score a
whole lot.  It is something that takes lots of practice, and I hope to do
more of it this fall and winter.  I listen in awe to some of these guys
doing 2 radio operation.  Just look at some of the scores on the Thursday
night Sprint Ladder.  Some guys are consistantly making 55-60 Q's and I'm
consistant with 30 :-)  But, it is a learning experience.  Two radio's don't
an expert make! 73
Tom W7WHY