[RTTY] Level Playing Field is unrealistic

Jim Rhodes k0xu at iowadsl.net
Sun Jul 23 20:44:33 EDT 2006

The same logic could be used for and against having high/low power or
assisted/unassisted classes. Personally I am not sure which side I am
on in this debate. However it seems to me that the SOmR people do
not want a separate class for themselves and the some of the SO1R do
want a separate class for themselves. Is there not some contest that
it can be tried in? I remember there were debates just as heated as
this over the assisted classes. They are now an accepted fact.

At 05:00 PM 7/23/2006, Steve Lenaghan VE4LR wrote:
>Jim
>
>Not really.  My point is that adjusting the rules to favour the lesser
>player is creating a handicap system which may work fine in golf but not
>here. By forcing a second classification that some or all of the top ten
>would probably be moved too you remove a field of players and automatically
>increase the standing of SOSR operators based simply on the fact that a
>group has been moved to SO2R.
>
>73 Steve VE4LR

Jim Rhodes K0XU
jim at rhodesend.net

Experience is the thing you have left when everything else is gone.