[RTTY] Two sides

NW7US, Tomas nw7us at hfradio.org
Sun Jul 23 23:56:05 EDT 2006

On Sun, 23 Jul 2006 20:34:15 -0700, Bill Turner <dezrat at copper.net> wrote:

> The point is and will always be: When a type of operation gives a
> significant advantage over other types, it should have it's own class.

I still think that I should get my own class: confined to a valley that
has mountains on three sides (all within a mile), such that most signals
are blocked except from that South-Eastern azimuth, or from signals
arriving from a high angle (NVIS-like).  I'd like the classification to be
acknowledgement that I live in a really terrible location for HF Radio.
Then, when my score is under 1000, folks can take pity on me.

This desire has NO bearing on my opinions on the whole topic being
discussed.

But, darned contests that allow a station in Florida or California from
directly competing with me makes me feel hopeless!  I'll never ever hear
what they hear!

Heh.  I need to move.  I really do.  That would give me more of a
competitive edge.

Montana is looking nice.  Reasonable cost of living.  Gas prices are some
of the lowest in the nation, too.  So I could go on Portable operations!

73 de Tomas, NW7US, Heliophile http://propagation.hfradio.org/

See the NEW reviews of ACE-HF for Ham and SWL now on-line:
http://hfradio.org/ace-hf/

: Propagation Editor for CQ, CQ VHF, Popular Communications :
: Creator; live propagation center http://prop.hfradio.org/ :
: Associate Member of Propagation Studies Committee of RSGB :
: 122.93W 47.67N / Brinnon, Washington USA CN87 CW/SSB/DIGI :
: 10x56526, FISTS 7055, FISTS NW 57, Lighthouse Society 144 :
: Technical Writer for http://entirenet.net  (Microsoft KB) :
: The journey of life http://ic-discipleship-ministries.org :