[RTTY] Red Faced

Dick White whiter26 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jul 31 17:45:35 EDT 2006

My thanks to Chuck N6OJ, Don, Tom W7WHY, Paul W1HY, Goetz DJ3IW and Joe W4TV
for their e-mails of help. I will keep their suggestions on file in the
event something like this happens again.

re: my inability to get TX in the RTTY mode.

No matter how many times you think you have checked  things out when looking
for a problem, you seem to overlook one simple thing. I feel rather foolish
when I think about this, but here is what solved the problem. I had move the
RigBlaster to a better position on my desk and must have accidentally pulled
out the Audio IN cable.  I got the idea to trace all my cables from the
e-mail from N6OJ. Sure enough, the plug was out of the RigBlaster and there
was no way the computer could key the radio. I am relieved that it was so
simple and I feel sort of foolish for not having found the problem sooner.

My thanks for all the responses. See you in the RTTY contests.

73   Dick  KS0M

Richard C. "Dick" White
Fulton, MO. 65251  U.S.A.
whiter26 at sbcglobal.net