[RTTY] I am Back

n1mgo at arrl.net n1mgo at arrl.net
Wed Jun 21 06:40:17 EDT 2006

Hi Roy,
    Welcome back!  There is more RTTY activity now than ever before!

New Rig, IC-756P2 (used) or IC-756P3 (new)  , Best RTTY rigs made,
because they have special DSP RTTY filters,  Nothing extra to buy,
the IF DSP provides all of the filters.  The band scope is one of the
best additions for hunting DX and Contesting that I know of.

Software:  Contesting: Writelog with MMTTY as the rtty engine (uses
sound card for decode and can do FSK or AFSK for tx)
see: http://www.writelog.com/
For the best info on setup and hints see:
http://www.rttycontesting.com/   by Don, AA5AU
Also N1MM, not as stable, not quite as good, but FREE:
see: http://www.n1mm.com/
(I use both, but stick to writelog for any important contest)

General purpose logger and has sound card interface to allow RTTY,
PSK31 and other digitial modes: logger32
see:  http://www.logger32.net/
(Logger32 is what I use, just submitted for RTTY DXCC, it does a
great job of tracking for most awards)

Also see the DXLabs suit of programs, much more complex, but great if
your bigtime into DX hunting .
see: http://www.dxlabsuite.com/

Not free, but does about any mode you can think of and a few you
might not have known about, MixW
see:  http://www.mixw.net/

All of the above listed software provide rig control and do logging ,
most also will interface to DXClusters, both via internet and a tnc
to 2mtr dxcluster.
All use the sound card for rx decoding and a serial port for TX FSK,
or the sound card for TX AFSK. Most can also use a parallel port for
bandswitching, sending CW, and other control functions.

Gordon - N1MGO