[RTTY] ARRL To QSY To 1807.500 KC

Dave aa6yq at ambersoft.com
Thu Mar 2 00:57:08 EST 2006

The absence of "and we checked the bandplan" from the process you describe
below is both glaring and ominous. Conformance to voluntary bandplans is the
foundation of the ARRL's claim (in RM-11306) that current constraints on
remotely-invoked automatic operation can be eliminated without causing
widespread QRM. If it doesn't occur to the ARRL to check the ARRL bandplan
before repositioning its automatic station, what does this suggest about the
likelihood that the larger population of automatic station operators will
conform?

In case you had trouble finding the current ARRL bandplan, see

http://www.arrl.org/FandES/field/regulations/bandplan.html

In particular, note the second line in the 160m table.

    73,

       Dave, AA6YQ (member ARRL)