[RTTY] Suburban Lot 160 Meter Antenna

Tom Osborne w7why at verizon.net
Thu Mar 2 21:30:58 EST 2006

>An 80 meter dipole shorted into a current fed tee vertical >just won't cut
>it on 160 meters. You also need to run some >power too like 400 watts.

Given the choice of using a shorted 80 meter dipole and low power or staying
off of 160, think I'd go with the shorted 80 meter dipole and low power.

Before I put up my 160 meter inverted L, that is what I used and made quite
a few contacts in the contests.  Just shorted out the coax and ran it
through the tuner.  Run a TS-450SAT barefoot.  Just do what you can with
what you got.  73
Tom W7WHY