[RTTY] Noisy PC Power Supply

Jim Reisert AD1C jjreisert at alum.mit.edu
Sat Mar 11 13:41:28 EST 2006

At 12:41 PM 3/11/2006, Thomas Giella KN4LF wrote:

>Speaking of power supply noise my two PC's made allot of racket. I placed
>split beads on all of the leads but it did little to quiet them. Then as an
>experiment I decided to ground the PC power supplies to my radio station
>ground fully expecting more directly coupled noise.

I problem I fixed several times in the past is that there is PC board
"footprint" for an AC line filter, but to save costs, some
manufacturers just use wire jumpers.  You an make a filter of about
10 bifilar turns on a torroid core, and it usually does the trick.

73 - Jim AD1C

USA +978-251-9933, <jjreisert at alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.us