[RTTY] Sound Card Options

Joe Subich, W4TV W4TV at subich.com
Sat Mar 11 13:56:34 EST 2006

In spite of the specifications on their web page, the Creative
SoundBlaster Audigy SE does not have independent mic and line
inputs.  I received my card for testing this past week and have
decided to put off further testing until I can find a reasonably
priced 24 bit card with independent, simultaneously usable analog
mic and line inputs.  Like the SoundBaster 24, the Audigy SE shares
a single input jack for both mic and line.

I have inquired of Creative if they have a value priced product that
provides independent mic and line inputs (like the SB PCI, SB Live
5.1 and SB Live Value) but I have, as yet, received no reply.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV