[RTTY] FT1000D FSK

Bill Turner dezrat at copper.net
Mon Mar 13 19:52:11 EST 2006

ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

At 09:42 AM 3/13/2006, Ronald A. Stunden wrote:

>The manual for the 1000 D says for rtty set to set the Mic gain to
>Mid Scale indication, Meaning Meter mid Scale, or ALC mid scale, I
>know that the 1000d is not real FSK but an internal audio or AFSK.
>Anyone else using a 1000D on fsk??? Thanks Ron

They mean power mid scale, assuming you are using AFSK. The audio
drive level should be low enough that there is NO indication of ALC
action at all.

If I may make a suggestion: Connect your rig for FSK if at all
possible. With FSK there is no chance of overdriving, and the ALC
meter does not need watching at all. Any amount of ALC will cause no harm.

This is true for all transceivers, not just the FT-1000D.

Bill, W6WRT